Friday, March 5, 2010

Emergency phrases in Egyptian Arabic

English
 Arabic
Help!
El-Ha’nee!

There’s been an accident
Kan fee hadsa!
I’m lost

Ana tãyih/tãyha

Go away!
Imshee! (Strong Language)
Call a doctor!
Call the police!

Itassel/ee bi-doktoor!(m/f)
Itassal/ee bil-bolees! (m/f)

I’ve been robbed
Ana itsaraa’t
 

 
 {Tab=Health}
 
English
 Arabic
I’m ill

ana ’aiyãn/ a (m/f)

My friend is ill

Sadeeqi ’ayan

It hurts here
Bitewga’ni hina
I’m …

Ana ('andi) …

Asthmatic

Rabw

Diabetic

Is sukkar

Epileptic

Sara’

I’m allergic …

’andi hasasiyya …

to antibiotics

min mudãd hayowi

to aspirin

min aspereen

to pencillin

min biniseleen

to bees

min naHl

to nuts
mukassarãt?
Aspirin

Aspereen

Diarrhea

Is-haal

Fever
Sokhouna
Headache

Sudã’

Hospital

Mustashfa

Medicine
Dawa
Pharmacy

Agzakhana

Pregnant

Haamel

Prescription
Roshetta
Sanitary pads

Fuwat saHiyya

Stomach Ache

Waga’ fil batn

Sunblock cream

Kreem did ish shams

No comments:

Post a Comment