Friday, March 5, 2010

Common shopping phrases in Egyptian Arabic

English
 Arabic
I need

Ana Aiz

I’d like to buy …

’aiz/’aiza ashtiri … (m/f)

How much is it ?

Bikam da?

I don’t like it
Mish ’agibni
May I look at it?

Mumkin ashoofu?

I’m just looking
Batfarrag bas
It’s cheap

Da rakhees

It’s too expensive
Da ghalee ’owee
No more than

Mish aktar min

I’ll take it.
’akhudha
Can you give?

Mumkin tiddeeni?

a discount

takhfeed

a good price
sa’r kwayyis
Do you accept?

Bitakhud/’ee?(m/f)

credit cards

Kredit kard

traveler cheques
Sheek siyaaHi
More

Aktar

Less

A’all

Smaller

Asghar

Bigger
akbar
I’m looking for …

Ana badawwar ’ala

toilets

twalet

my hotel

fundok

a bank

bank

the bazzar/market

as-sooq

the city centre

wust al-balad

the(…) embassy
as-sifãra (…)
the post office

al-bosta

the telephone centre

central it-telifonaat

the tourist office

maktab as-siyaHa

I want to change … Money
Ana ’aiz/’aiza aghayyar … (m/f) Filoos

No comments:

Post a Comment